IMPORTANT TEMPORARY CHANGES DUE TO NURSE STAFFING SHORTAGES
RCAM is experiencing significant nurse staffing shortages. These shortages have coincided with historic levels of pediatric illness.
Therefore, we have been forced to make the following changes (listed below). These are temporary changes that will be in place until we have been able to effectively address these shortages.
#1 - OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TO DIRECT PHONE CALLS EVERY WEEKDAY BEGINNING AT 5:00 PM
Outside of regular office hours and, in particular, each weekday beginning at 5:00 PM, all calls will be directed to our phone nurse triage service.
This service is equipped to handle urgent concerns about your child’s health. These after hours phone nurses are not in our office and do not have access to your child’s medical information. They will be backed up by our On-Call Pediatrician.
If you have a routine question or want to make an appointment, either send a message through the patient portal or call during regular office hours.
#2 - SUNDAY IN-OFFICE CLINIC IS TEMPORARILY CANCELLED BEGINNING 11/20/2022
Until further notice, we will not be offering our usual Sunday, in-office clinic. Our after hours phone nurse triage service backed up by our On-Call Pediatrician will be available for urgent calls.
Saturday newborn and weekend sick clinic will continue as usual.
#3 - RCAM WILL BE CLOSED ON THANKSGIVING (THURSDAY, 11/24/2022)
We will not see any patients in the office on that holiday. Our after hours phone nurse triage service backed up by our On-Call Pediatrician will be available for urgent calls.
We will be back in the office on Friday, 11/25/2022, for regular office hours.
#4 - HERE ARE A FEW WAYS YOU CAN HELP US
Tell an RCAM nurse or front office staff “THANK YOU!” – since the beginning of the COVID pandemic in 2020, our nurses and front office have been working so hard. As COVID has slowed down, their jobs have only gotten more difficult with staffing shortages and historic levels of illness.
Send a nurse to come work with us at RCAM – If you know a nurse – RN, LPN, or Medical Assistant – who you think would be a good fit for RCAM’s mission of helping children, have them contact our head nurse, Amanda Gay, RN ([email protected]).
Influenza (Flu) Vaccine for the 2022-2023 Flu Season (under 10 years old only)
- We are currently scheduling UNDER 10 YEARS OLD ONLY for flu vaccine clinics.
- RCAM still recommends seasonal Flu vaccine for our patients 10 years old and up. Flu vaccine is widely available for that age group at most local pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and the Health Department.
- We had our first Drive Thru Flu Vaccine Clinic September 18th.
- We are planning more of those - in the meantime, you can call anytime to schedule in the more traditional, come-inside-and-get-your-flu-vaccine type of Flu Vaccine Clinic.
RCAM Recommends COVID Vaccine for Children Ages 6 months and up
- RCAM still recommends staying up to date with your COVID vaccine which is available for everyone 6 months and up.
- More info about COVID Vaccine at RCAM
Prenatal Visits Now Available In Person At Both Duraleigh and Brier Creek Offices
Prenatal Visits are an opportunity for our parents who are looking for a pediatric practice to learn about RCAM
- Prenatal Visits are led by one of our pediatricians.
- We will schedule up to 4 couples per Visit.
- Now returning to In Person Prenatal Visits (we will continue to require masks and do our best with social distancing).
- We will continue to offer to those who prefer a Prenatal Visits through a Zoom call.
- If you have any special concerns about scheduling your Prenatal Visit, please let us know so that we can try to make that happen.
- Call to schedule 919-781-7490.