Influenza (Flu) Vaccine at RCAM for the 2023-2024 Season
We are now offering flu vaccine in our office to prepare for the 2023-2024 flu season.
- Your child may receive the flu vaccine at RCAM at a wellness appointment. Their doctor will be sure to mention that at their appointment.
- If your child is in our office for some other reason, we can likely give the flu vaccine then too. We do not typically give vaccines to children who are acutely ill.
- You may call and schedule your child(ren) for one of our flu vaccine clinics.
- This type of appointment is with one of our nurses who will administer the flu vaccine.
- This appointment is NOT scheduled with a pediatrician. If you have a concern to discuss with a doctor, that will need to be a separate appointment.
- We can only give flu vaccine in the flu vaccine clinic - we can't give other vaccines. If your child needs other vaccines, talk to your scheduler about a different type of vaccine administration appointment (and also to be sure your child is not due for a well visit appointment).
- Most of our flu vaccine clinics will be indoors at either our Duraleigh or Brier Creek offices.
- We will again be offering some drive up flu vaccine clinics. Spaces may be limited so call soon!
- We are not offering the Flumist nasal spray vaccine again this year.
- At this time, we are not offering the COVID vaccine (although we do still recommend it).