Medical School: ECU Brody School of Medicine
Pediatric Residency: Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC)
Almost a native of Raleigh, Dr. Harris escaped to Transylvania University in Lexington for college where he enjoyed regular attendance in Rupp Arena for Kentucky basketball games.
- Family: I am married to Indy and we have 3 children; we also have a cat named Buddy and a corgi named Patches.
- Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
- Things I like about Raleigh: I have lived here since I was 6 years old. I like Raleigh’s familiarity (but I do miss Andy’s Pizza).
- Favorite Vacation: Charleston, SC
- Other careers considered before medicine: architect
- When first considered becoming a pediatrician: 3rd year in Medical School
- Why pediatrics: It’s a great setting – kids and the people who work in pediatrics tend to be a lot of fun – they definitely keep my interest and I enjoy the daily work environment
- Favorite part of the workday: I have been at RCAM long enough to have patients I have seen from birth who are now entering college – when I see those kids in the office and talk to their parents, it is an awesome perspective.
- Interests, hobbies: amateur woodworking, amateur graphic design
- Sports allegiance: University of Kentucky – I enjoy my annual trip with my Dad to Lexington and Rupp Arena.