June 19, 2018 – How do you say “Goodbye” to an icon?
This week at Raleigh Children & Adolescents Medicine, we are trying to figure that out.
After 33 years, Friday, June the 22nd will be the last official workday for Leigh Lehan, MD.
Below is a token of what her peers had to say about those 33 years:
Leigh S. Lehan, MD
If you make it into the office, be aware that RCAM is celebrating her career for the entire week.
- Monday, June 18th – ALLITERATION DAY – as we say goodbye to “LL”, we attempted to add our own alliteration to the day and all the while maintaining a pleasant, soothing demeanor – sorry you missed it.
- Tuesday, June 19th – DIET SUNKIST DAY – Dr. Lehan is known for a ‘Sunny’ presence – she is also known to enjoy a Diet Sunkist from time to time, and – while that seems to be something none of the rest of us enjoys – on Tuesday we will take time to enjoy some of the small things that make the day more enjoyable
- Wednesday, June 20th – NOTE CARD DAY – we will all do our best Dr. Lehan impersonation by writing thoughtful words on a piece of paper and sharing them with someone else in the office [NOTE about NOTE CARD DAY: if you are still reading this, you must be a big Dr. Lehan Fan like the rest of us; if so, please take a moment to write some words for her and we would be happy to sure that she gets them; send them to: RCAM / Dr. Lehan Retirement, 3100 Duraleigh Road, Suite 300, Raleigh, NC 27612]
- Thursday, June 21st – BAKED GOODS & CRAFTS DAY – no explanation necessary
- Friday, June 22nd – LEIGH S. LEHAN, MD DAY – Dr. Lehan began her career at RCAM in 1984 and we will try to recreate some of the themes of that era for her last day