Okay, so this is not a sports blog – but where a child is involved – maybe a pediatrician should comment:
What is not to like about this reaction from the Carolina Panthers 31-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks?
Cam Newton and the Panthers have a tradition: after scoring a touchdown, they hand the ball off to a child in the stands.
As a pediatrician and a parent (and a Panther’s fan), I think this is a great idea. Rather than taking the ball home to let it gather dust in some trophy case (or a closet, because in the case of Cam Newton, he could collect quite a few of these over the years), why not make some child’s day (which we know makes some parent’s day as well)?
When you see the child’s face – you know that there is something extra special about the look of unbridled joy from a child.
Go Panthers! Keep pounding!!
And now, back to the daily lineup…
Today is Monday, January 18, 2016
- We sign off our answering service at 8:00 am to take calls directly from our office until we finish our evening clinic (typically around 7:00 pm).
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Today if you arrive at the Duraleigh office during that time your child will be seen by our pediatrician(s) covering walk-in patients. These times are for acute sick visits only (symptoms of a short duration).
- As always, all other visits today are scheduled by appointment only.
- On Call: Dr. Leigh Lehan will be rounding on our newborns at Rex Hospital.
- In our Duraleigh Office today: Drs. Muff Carr, Lily Harris, Leigh Lehan,Sarah Owrey, and Tom Sena
- In our Brier Creek Office today: Drs. Jamila Fletcher, Rick Gessner, and Jen Long
After Hours Care
- Our On Call Pediatrician manages our after hours care.
- Urgent calls outside regular hours: 919-781-7490
- After hours backup number: 919-831-5526
- Poison Control: 1-800-222-1222