Today is Friday, May 6, 2016
- We sign off our answering service at 8:00 am to take calls directly from our office until we finish our evening clinic (typically around 7:00 pm).
- Also – today – two big annual events have fallen for the first time in our 50 year history on the same day!
1. It’s Nurse Appreciation Day
It makes sense. They often are how things work in healthcare. Typically, it is the nurse who has the most face-to-face contact with the patient. The word nurse is also a verb – we all know good things have happened when someone is “nursed back to health.”
At RCAM, it is no different. We are thankful for our group of competent and caring nurses. We are dependent on that group. We simply don’t work at all without their special set of skills.
Say “Thank You” to a nurse today (or give them some chocolate – they seem to really like chocolate).
We are taking them to the Kanki today for lunch (they insisted on the Kanki after the Front Office had such a great time last week)
2. It’s Sport-A-Shirt-Share-A-Night Day
We have relaxed our dress code today and are wearing t-shirts with this logo on the front in support the Ronald McDonald House. Physicians can – and do – say a lot about the restaurant. We don’t need to cover that again – do we?
The Ronald McDonald House charity supports families who are going through their most difficult times – during the illness of a loved one (like nurses – see above).
RCAM supports this effort each year and get to wear a t-shirt to work (a “win-win”).
And now, a few details about other parts of our day:
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Today if you arrive at the Duraleigh office during that time your child will be seen by our pediatrician(s) covering walk-in patients. These times are for acute sick visits only (symptoms of a short duration).
- As always, all other visits today are scheduled by appointment only.
- On Call Pediatrician: Dr. Jen Long will be rounding on our newborns at Rex Hospital
- In our Duraleigh Office today: Drs. Lily Harris, Todd Harris, Jen Long, Ben Meares and Tom Sena
- In our Brier Creek Office today: Drs. Rick Gessner and Sarah Owrey
After Hours Care
- Our On Call Pediatrician manages our after hours care.
- Urgent calls outside regular hours: 919-781-7490
- After hours backup number: 919-831-5526
- Poison Control: 1-800-222-1222