“I can just call and make an appointment, right?”
Of course you can, and here are a few tips for scheduling so that your appointment can run as smoothly as possible:
- When you call for an appointment, briefly inform our staff why you would like your child seen by the doctor. Some concerns require extra time and this information will help be sure we have set aside the appropriate amount of time.
- Clarify whether this appointment will be at our Duraleigh office or our Brier Creek office (you are free to schedule your appointments at either facility).
- Please be on time. This is important as our Pediatricians try to be on time themselves. Patients arriving 15 minutes late will be required to reschedule their appointment.
- Try to anticipate if a second child in your family will need to be seen and request an extra appointment prior to arriving at our office. After arriving for one child’s appointment, it is unlikely that a second appointment would be available at a convenient time (next to your original appointment).
- Please let us know if you are not able to attend your appointment. We require 24 hour notice to cancel an appointment.
- Missed appointments will be handled as follows: a $25.00 “no-show” fee with the second and third missed appointments, and possible dismissal from the practice with third missed appointment.
- One other thing: try to know your insurance policy. We do our best to help but it is impossible to keep up with so many that constantly change, so ultimately you are responsible for knowing your health insurance.