“What if I have an urgent, medical concern about my child outside of regular office hours?”
A few details about after hours care:
AFTER HOURS CALL 919-781-7490
AFTER HOURS BACKUP CALL 919-831-5526
- If you have a concern outside of regular office hours that you feel is urgent and can’t wait until the next business day, simply call our regular office number 919-781-7490.
- If you have trouble getting through at that number outside of regular office hours, you may call our answering service number at 919-831-5526.
- One of our pediatricians is “on-call” for after hours care every day (including weekends and holidays). The On-Call Doctor covers our patients’ urgent medical needs that occur outside of regular office hours and manages the care of our newborns at Rex Hospital.
- On weekdays, urgent calls after 4:00 pm that need assessment that day are the responsibility of the On-Call Doctor.
- On evenings, weekends and holidays, the On-Call Doctor sees patients in our Duraleigh Office. Those visits are reserved for conditions that the Doctor and Nurse determine are medically urgent enough to not be able to wait until the next regular office day.
- Weekday evening clinic does not end before 7:00 pm.
- There is a limit to how many patients we can see during after hours due to limited staffing (generally, one pediatrician, one nurse and one front office staff) on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Christmas Day (December 25) is the only day of the year that we are unable to see patients in our office.