July 3, 2018 – Welcome to the banner change where, at Raleigh Children & Adolescents Medicine (RCAM), we officially move past spring and welcome the summer. This is a little late but – c’mon man – a legend retired 11 days ago – cut us a little slack.
Hot Weather Means: Time to Schedule Your Child / Teen’s Well Check
On Tuesday the WRAL thermometer got up to 97º. Have you scheduled your child’s well visit / complete physical yet?
- Here is the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended schedule of well visits as endorsed by the pediatricians at RCAM.
- Among those recommendations: every child 3 years old and above should have a well visit / complete physical every year.
- If your child might play sports in middle school or high school, keep in mind their school will require them to have had a well visit / complete physical in the last year. The summer is a perfect time to take care of that. Call us and schedule a visit.
School Sports Participation Forms
Be ready when you hear at the last minute that your child wants to try out for their school’s quidditch team. Instead,
- Schedule an appointment (919-781-7490).
- Download the appropriate form your school requires.
- Bring the form to your appointment and we will complete it at your child’s well visit / physical.
- Avoid a crisis and have a completed form ready to go before school even begins.
Here are some of the local school athletic participation forms:
Happy 4th of July!
It is a holiday week. Here is the next 3 days’ schedule at RCAM:
- Tuesday, July 3rd – Duraleigh and Brier Creek Offices both open regular weekday hours
- Wednesday, July 4th – Duraleigh and Brier Creek Offices both closed for the Independence Day holiday; holiday coverage described here (in short, a limited clinic starting at 10am at the Duraleigh office)
- Thursday, July 5th – Duraleigh and Brier Creek Offices back to being open regular weekday hours